So obviously I own my domain (forsbergville.com). After reading about mapping my MX records for email to Google Apps, I started thinking of other ideas for my subdomains (current and future).
- www.forsbergville.com should resolve to primary domain on webhost (of course)
- eric.forsbergville.com should resolve to this blog
- angela.forsbergville.com should resolve to her blog
- hiking.forsbergville.com should resolve to my hiking blog
- files.forsbergville.com should resolve to my Dropbox (www.getdropbox.com)
- music.forsbergville.com should resolve to Apache running at home on my media server
- chat.forsbergville.com should resolve to to jabber server running on my web host
- mail.forsbergville.com should resolve to google apps per this post
- legacy.forsbergville.com should resolve to a Telnet/ssh java-based control on a black background webpage that is automatically attempting to login to the webserver using ssh (green lettering – yeah). Installed tools would include Gopher, Lynx, Pico, Pine, etc. Just for fun.
The ideas will keep coming I’m sure, but I think that this is a great start!